To: Active Chrome River Users, VPs of Finance, and Business Managers
From: Shared Services Center
Area: Travel and Expense
Reason: New Chrome River Enhancements Release 11/13/18 and Tip of the Month
Date: November 13, 2018
Re: Important Notice Regarding New Chrome River Enhancements and Tip of the Month
Chrome River system-wide enhancements were released on Tuesday, 11/13/18. These enhancements include the following:
· Employee Travel Expense Report Meals per Diem Compliance Warning: Meals per Diem expenses are granted for overnight travel events only. A compliance warning has been implemented to capture Employee Travel Expense Reports containing Meals per Diem expense line items without Hotel expenses line items. Users will be required to respond to the compliance warning by entering the name/address of their place of lodging and/or attach a copy of their lodging documentation. By implementing this compliance warning, we hope to see a reduced number of returned Employee Travel Expense Reports requesting lodging information in order to justify Meals per Diem expense reimbursement.
· Pre-approval Report Submit Compliance Warning: Pre-approval Reports are required for all overnight travel and business meal expenses. The appropriate approvers must authorize planned travel, including cost estimates, prior to travel. By submitting a Pre-approval Report in a timely manner, the travelers are less likely to be declined reimbursement with State funds, particularly for exceptions (international travel, higher lodging, and business meals). A compliance warning has been implemented to capture Pre-approval Reports that are submitted on and/or after the first date of travel noted on the Pre-approval Report header page. Users will be required to respond to the compliance warning by entering an adequate explanation for failing to submit for pre-approval prior to the beginning of their travel event.
· Pre-approval Report Hotel Screen: New and updated blue note screen tips are in place to guide users while entering their anticipated hotel expenses within the Pre-approval Report.
· Label Changes: The “Department” and “Add Department” labels have been changed to “Department Code” and “Add Department Code” on all expense screens to reduce confusion on what information is required.
Self-help user guides specific to the changes are available on the SSC T&E Training page (MyVCCS login required for PPT materials).
TIP OF THE MONTH: The same expense type incurred on the same date may be combined into a single expense line item. Reducing the amount of data entry and the number of Duplicate Expense Checking compliance warnings from triggering. For example: If you incur two Public Transit/Taxi/Shuttle expenses on the same date, you may enter the two Public Transit/Taxi/Shuttle expenses into a single Public Transit/Taxi/Shuttle expense line item.
Did you know that SSC T&E Team hosts live training webinars for all Chrome River users on a monthly basis? Please visit the SSC T&E Training page to access the training calendar and WebEx links.
Upcoming training webinars:
· Analytics/ Reporting Demo – 12/13/2018 @ 2:00 PM
· Chrome River Application Demo – 1/10/2019 @ 2:00 PM
· Pre-approval Report Demo – 2/14/2018 @ 2:00 PM
Do you have a process improvement idea? If so, please submit your ideas here. We kindly ask for you to share your ideas with us so we can continue to better your experiences and streamline processes.
If you are experiencing any difficulty in using the system, the SSC Help Center is ready to assist you at 877-340-5577, or help
We hope you find the new features useful in getting your travel expenses approved and reimbursed more easily.