SSC Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 5:30PM
eVA Customer Care
eVA functionality questions can be referred to:
- Shared Services Center Customer Engagement Team: 877-340-5577 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- eVA Customer Care: 866.289.7367 or email@example.com
- eVA Refresher Course documentation - which includes frequently asked questions and how-to instructions
Strongly Preferred Vendor Type
The vendor has registered their company in eVA. The Vendor is charged a .1% eVA fee, (see eVA billing page for max caps on fees).
While vendors can be State-entered by the agency, this is not our policy or preference as then the agency becomes responsible for the eVA fees, (see eVA billing page for max caps on fees). These situations will be handled on a case by case basis.
There are several eVA exclusions for purchases/payments that are not required to be entered into the eVA system. Exclusions should not be loosely interpreted. Departments that are found to be abusing eVA exclusions may be fined for non-compliance. For questions about eVA exclusions contact SSC Procurement Services.
- Reimbursement to schools for dual enrollment expenses
- Intra-agency payments
- Payments to state/local agencies or foundations (including reimbursements and those for Workforce Development)
- Refund of tuition to a 3rd party provider
- Tuition Mgmt. System disbursement
- Student club purchases (doesn’t include state funds)
- Clinical agreement
- Bond payment
- Grant stipend
- Executive compensation payment to a 3rd party provider
- Real Estate leases
- Gen Edge
- Utilities (electric, gas (direct line), water and sewer) note – these do not require a voucher request form be completed by the college. We have a spreadsheet with the utility information, coding, etc. that is used for this information.
- Note – Professional organizational membership dues and training classes are an eVA exclusion as long as they are paid by SPCC. If needed to be paid by check, a PO must be created and 3 way matched for vouchering for check payment.
- Note – Conference registrations are an eVA exclusion as long as they are paid by SPCC. If needed to be paid by check, a PO must be created and 3-way matched for vouchering for check payment.
To initiate a payment for a transaction that is exempt from the eVA PO process, complete a Voucher Request e-form and submit it for approval to the SSC's Accounts Payable department within ImageNow.
EP (formerly a Direct Order - DO)
eVA terminology for a "purchase order." A EP is created when an eVA requisition has gone through the required approvals. If a vendor accepts electronic orders then the eVA EP will be sent directly to the vendor; otherwise, Shared Services will need to email or send a copy of the EP to the vendor.
If the requestor is also the last person in the approval flow, this is an indication the order did not flow electronically to the vendor.
- Blanket orders are not the normal method of processing and the particular service must be lend itself to this type of order, contact Procurement Services for guidance.
- Blanket orders should not cross or cover more than one fiscal year or if applicable contract term.
- Blanket orders must be carefully tracked and reconciled by the department for the various payments that may occur during the year. At the end of the year, the blanket order should be adjusted to cover any over/under usage.
- The vendor must be willing to accept the blanket order (vendors are charged the eVA fee upfront for the total dollar amount put into the system).
- Contract orders must have pricing verified at the time the order is created.
Purchase Card Order (PCO)
eVA will generate a PCO# (rather than a EP#) anytime the PCard option is selected on the requisition. Keep in mind that if you have a PCard associated with your account, the PCard option will always default to on. Remember to remove the PCard option anytime you need to pay by an invoice or if the order is $5,000.00 or more. Users may remove the PCard option when completing confirming orders to reduce the risk of the purchase card receiving duplicate charges. If the PCard box is unchecked, the vendor cannot see the PCard information in order to charge the card.