SSC Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 5:30PM
eVA is a web-based state-required procurement tool designed to automate and streamline procurement for all state agencies in the Commonwealth. eVA is a central location for departmental buyers to find vendors, reach vendor punch-out catalogs with state pricing, and store requisitions and purchase orders.
eVA functionality questions can be referred to:
- Shared Services Center Help Center: 877-340-5577 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- eVAHelp Desk: 866.289.7367 or email@example.com
- eVA Refresher Course documentation - which includes frequently asked questions and how-to instructions
Strongly Preferred Vendor Type
The vendor has registered their company in eVA. The Vendor is charged a .1% eVA fee, (see eVA billing page for max caps on fees).
While vendors can be State-entered by the agency, this is not our policy or preference as then the agency becomes responsible for the eVA fees, (see eVA billing page for max caps on fees). These situations will be handled on a case by case basis.
There are several eVA exclusions for purchases that are not required to be entered into the eVA system. Exclusions should not be loosely interpreted. Departments that are found to be abusing eVA exclusions may be fined for non-compliance. For questions about eVA exclusions contact Procurement Services.
eVA Work Flow
The number of people involved in the work flow process depends on a number of things:
- Who has expenditure signature authority for a departmental account?
- What is the dollar amount at which the departmental approver wants to become involved?
- Is the requisition for a grant? If yes, the requisition is routed to Grants Accounting or paid using local funds.
- Is the requisition for a capital outlay project? If yes, the requisition is routed to Facilities Planning and Construction.
- Is the requisition for $5,000.00 or higher? If yes, the requisition is routed to Procurement Services.
eVA Purchase Order
The utilization of eVA is not optional. Departmental buyers with procurement responsibility must utilize the eVA system for all purchase requisitions not specified as an eVA exclusion.