SSC Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 5:00PM
As a service within the SSC, Procurement Operations provides a unified procurement and contracting process for all of the 23 colleges in the Virginia's Community Colleges System, as well as the System Office. Procurement Operations consists of a team of procurement professionals focused on excellence in service, full regulatory compliance, and continuous improvement in procurement operations.
Purchasing tips used by other colleges:
- If using a mandatory source, put MANDATORY SOURCE in the title.
- If using a state contract, put STATE CONTRACT in the title.
- If using an eVA punchout catalog, put PUNCHOUT CATALOG in the title.
- If the order is for NETSPACE items, put NETSPACE in the title. Also, email a copy of the requisition to Lynn Taylor.
- If at all possible do not submit a requisition with zero dollar amounts, get a quote from at least one vendor or use your best guess on dollar amounts.
- If at all possible do not submit a requisition with “Vendor to be determined”, try to get a quote from at least one vendor and attach that quote to the eVA requisition.
- If you think that the order is going to require a Quick Quote write the description in the eVA requisition as if it was going on a Quick Quote.
- If ordering furniture and other products & services provided by VCE, you must use VCE or get a waiver from VCE and attach that waiver to your eVA requisition, as with all mandatory sources.
- Procedure Publication: Purchasing and ContractsTo: VPs of Finance, Business Managers, eVA End Users, and Contract… Read more: Procedure Publication: Purchasing and Contracts
- Monthly Confirming Order Percentage ReportTo: Management Council Members, and VPs of Finance From:… Read more: Monthly Confirming Order Percentage Report
- VCCS Supplier Diversity Program Web PageTo: Management Council Members; VPs… Read more: VCCS Supplier Diversity Program Web Page
- Reminder: Random Internal Audits of PCard TransactionsTo: Management Council Members;… Read more: Reminder: Random Internal Audits of PCard Transactions