To: Management Council Members, VPs of Finance, and all eVA end-users
From: Shared Services Center
Reason: eVA Reminders
Date: March 14, 2023
We are providing the following reminders to assist you with a smooth procurement process.
Apple Orders: There was an urgent update on March 7, 2023, regarding Apple Inc.. Apple has informed the SSC that they are not currently accepting PCard orders. As soon as there is a change in this status the SSC will update all eVA end-users.
- For Apple Inc. orders, currently, only purchase orders with check payment will be accepted.
- PCARDS are not currently accepted until further notice.
- Phone-in cards are also not accepted.
Promotional Items: Virginia Correctional Enterprises (VCE) is the mandatory source for all promotional items. Before placing an order for any promotional item, it is essential to check with VCE for availability. If VCE is not able to provide the promotional item, they will let you know. Please communicate this information on the requisition and the SSC procurement team will be happy to obtain the waiver for you. However, without this information, the SSC needs to verify with VCE, causing a delay in processing.
- To avoid delays in processing, VCE needs to be the first contact for all promotional items.
- For a complete list of products and services provided on this mandatory contract, visit the VCE website at Home Page | Virginia Correctional Enterprises (govce.net).
Shipping Cost – Mandatory Sources: When ordering from Mandatory Sources, it is important to be aware of minimum order requirements to avoid shipping costs. VIB, for example, has a $45.00 minimum order to avoid shipping charges, as well as minimum quantities that are highlighted on the catalog pages. However, the VIB catalog does not automatically add shipping charges when minimums are not met, so a new requisition must be created to pay for shipping charges if they were not included in the original order.
It is important to note that:
- Punch out orders cannot be edited after submission.
- The minimum order requirements for free shipping may change, so please watch for any posted messages on the catalogs.
- As of October 1st, 2022, VIB has set the following minimums for free shipping:
- orders of Writing Instruments & Office Supplies over $45.00
- orders of 10 boxes or more of exam gloves, and orders of $45.00 or more for Specialty Gloves and PPE
- VIB has also increased its shipping charges from $8.50 to $12.00.
Panera Bread: While there are multiple entries for Panera Bread in eVA, all orders should go to the same vendor ID and Supplier number. The vendor requires the PO number to track orders. End-users can order through their website and enter the PO in the special instructions for PCard purchases. Payment methods vary by college, with some using PCards and others preferring to be invoiced.
- Online ordering can be done at http://catering.panerabread.com.
- Each end-user can upload their school’s tax-exempt documentation in their profiles, and order according to the college’s payment preferences (PCards or Corporate Catering Account) without taxes.
We encourage use of this platform as it makes it very easy for the users to access past receipts and even reorder from past orders easily. The Panera Corporate Catering Account program form is attached. This form is an application for the program and not a Procurement document, please follow your college signature authority for processing this form.
FY24 Orders: If you are entering orders for FY24 please be sure to select the correct FY in eVA. The SSC is seeing orders for FY24 that are still designated as FY23 or no FY at all.
Please contact the SSC Customer Engagement team at 877-340-5577 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.