To: Management Council Members, CHROs, and Agency Payroll Contacts
From: Shared Services Center
Reason: Payroll Deadlines and across the board increases
Date: June 14, 2021
Below are the Fiscal Year-End Payroll deadlines obtained from the attached Department of Accounts Payroll Bulletin 2021-04.
Important dates and information regarding FYE 2021:
- June 15 - Healthcare reconciliations and related ATAs due to DOA for the May coverage month.
- June 15 – Bi-weekly wage certification deadline for check date 06/18. This is the last wage payroll charged to FY 21.
- June 22 – Last day to certify off-cycle payrolls charged to FY21. You must use a June check date; no July check dates will be allowed.
- June 23 – First day to certify semi-monthly salary for PPE 6/24, Payday July 1. All payrolls certified on or after June 23 will be charged to FY 22 and must have July check dates.
- June 25 - Semi-monthly salary certification deadline for PPE 6/24. Will be charged to FY 22.
- June 29 - Bi-weekly wage certification deadline for check date 07/02. This wage payroll will be charged to FY 22.
- June 30 – CIPPS files close at noon for fiscal year end processing.
The attached bulletin also contains important information regarding:
- New health care premiums effective July 1, 2021.
- CIPPS Security
- Financial Reporting
Last Summer Pay for Fiscal Year-End
All documents for the final summer pay for fiscal year-end are due to payroll on June 16, 2021. The certification deadline is June 21, 2021. This is a short turnaround due to fiscal year-end requirements. Please work with your assigned payroll specialist.
Independence Day Holiday – July 5, 2021
Please note on the VCCS Payroll Submission and Distribution Schedule the Payroll Deadline for pay period June 25, 2021 – July 9, 2021 (pay date July 16,2021) is listed as July 5, 2021. We realize all agencies are closed in observance of Independence Day.
Payroll will accept documents the morning of July 6, 2021, no later than 11:00 am.
Across the Board Increases
If your agency is currently using SSC Payroll Services, payroll would like to request a copy of both the Salaried and Wage increases to be saved in the PSDATA drive. Please work with your assigned payroll specialist as to the location for saving this information.
Wage increases are manually entered into CIPPS and cannot be keyed until the July 2, 2021, payroll is certified. The certification period is June 23,2021 – June 29, 2021. SSC will make every attempt to provide certification packets to those colleges we process as soon as possible to provide ample amount of time to accommodate the volume of manual data entry.
Please note: As highlighted above, due to fiscal year end, CIPPS closes at noon on June 30, 2021, providing limited time between certification period close and the holiday weekend. Our team is striving to complete all increase entries by close of business on July 2, 2021. We would appreciate receiving the data as soon as it is available and please be sure to include the CIPPS id with the appropriate suffix.
Please share this communication with your appropriate staff members.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email payroll.