To: Management Council Members, CHROs, and VCCS Payroll Officers
From: Shared Services Center
Date: April 30, 2021
Re: 2021 Summer Faculty Procedures
Attached are procedures for processing 2021 Summer Faculty Payrolls in CIPPS and HRMS for:
- 9-month faculty who receive 18 paychecks during the academic year, and
- 9-month faculty who receive 24 paychecks during the fiscal year.
The Department of Accounts has requested one submission for all VCCS institutions for mass transactions to change 9-month faculty (18 and 24 paychecks) for the summer term. For your convenience, the Shared Services Center will submit one all-inclusive request (agencies 275 – 299). The following items will be requested:
9-month with 18 pay
- Update the effective start date for all VRS related transactions to 09/01/2021 on H0ZDC
- Update the effective start date for Non-VRS related transactions to 09/01/2021 on H0ZDC
- Optional Life
- Update the pay status on H0BID to non-auto
9-month with 24 pay
- Update the effective start date for all VRS related transactions to 09/01/2020 on H0ZDC
Note: All individuals employed by your college with a 10-month, or 11-month contract length will need to be updated manually in CIPPS with the appropriate deduction start date and auto-pay status.
Wages for teaching performed during the summer session period, May 16, 2021, through August 15, 2021, will be paid on the summer faculty schedule under special pay code 012.
Frequency 71 (9-month/18 pay) will not be available for use in HRMS during the summer (5/16/2021 – 8/15/2021); the summer wages for these faculty members must be processed exclusively in CIPPS.
Except for the June 16, 2021 – June 30, 2021 payment, summer wages for 9-month/24 pay faculty are to be processed in HRMS.
June 16 – June 30:
- This payroll will be charged to FY 2021.
- 9-month 24 pay faculty will be paid summer wages on June 30, 2021. Process this payment in CIPPS exclusively as a pay type 9 on screens PYEDT (CIPPS Payroll Edit/Scrub) and PYCTF (CIPPS Payroll Certification).
- 9-month 24 pay faculty will be paid regular wages on July 1, 2021. Process this payment using your normal procedure.
July 25 – August 9 (9-month/24 pay):
- 9-month 24 pay faculty must be paid the balance of their 2021-2022 faculty contract.
- New contract amounts (if applicable) for the period August 2021 through May 2022 should not be entered in PMIS during this timeframe.
August 10 – August 24 (9-month/24 pay):
- Automated updates from PMIS to CIPPS are in effect. New salary/contract amounts must be entered in PMIS if applicable.
- As a reminder, 24 pay employees with a contract period less than 12 months with a begin date on or after August 10, 2021, will have VRS related retirement deductions effective August 25, 2021.
- As a reminder, 18 pay employees with a contract period less than 12-months with a begin date on or after August 10, 2021, will have VRS related retirement deductions effective September 1, 2021. ORP related deductions will resume on August 16, 2021.
If you have any additional questions, please email payroll.